NASPGHAN Nutrition University (N2U)
April 30 - May 2, 2021
We will start accepting applications on January 25, 2021
The application deadline will be February 26, 2021
This course is designed to provide specialized nutrition education in areas associated with the practice of pediatric gastroenterology and nutrition.
Eligibility: (All applicants must have their membership dues paid in full by January 1, 2021.)
- Be a 3rd year pediatric GI fellow
- Be a NASPGHAN member who graduated from fellowship within the last 10 years
- Be a CPNP member
- Be based in North America
Invited attendees will be limited to 40:
- 30 positions for 3rd year fellows and junior faculty who graduated from fellowship within the last 10 years.
- 10 positions for practicing registered dietitians with a focused interest in pediatric nutrition.
Those invited to attend will be notified at the beginning of April.
Third year fellows and junior faculty (graduated fellowship within the last 10 years) as well as CPNP attendees will receive complimentary registration.
Criteria for award selection:
For 3rd year fellows and junior faculty, we will be targeting two groups of candidates: (a) candidates who received minimal nutrition education during their fellowship and (b) candidates who plan to pursue pediatric nutrition as their career focus.
For CPNP members, we ask that you have at least three years GI experience.
Program Overview: The course, chaired by Timothy Sentongo, MD, will include a faculty panel discussion on "hot" topics and cases submitted by attendees followed by Nutrition Jeopardy on Friday evening and a series of small group hands-on case-based learning of challenging cases on Saturday and Sunday.
- Diagnosis of Pediatric Malnutrition
- Failure to thrive and feeding disorders
- Micronutrient deficiencies
- Critical care nutrition
- Short bowel syndrome/malabsorption
- Nutritional management of Cystic fibrosis
- Food allergy and eosinophilic esophagitis.
- Nutritional therapy in inflammatory bowel disease
- Nutrition support in chronic liver disease
- And more…
Start time: Friday, April 30, Time TBD
End time: Sunday, May 2, Time TBD
We will post a more specific agenda shortly, but want to assure you each day will be a few hours and not full days. We spread it out over three days this time to help avoid online fatigue.
The North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (NASPGHAN) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
This educational activity is supported by an independent medical educational grant from Nutricia North America.