NASPGHAN is the sole professional organization in North America devoted to advancing the knowledge of diseases and function of the gastrointestinal tract, liver and pancreas and of normal and abnormal nutrition in infants, children and adolescents. The optimal way to advance your career is to become an active member of NASPGHAN. Membership in the society is comprised of pediatric gastroenterologists, research scientists, and physician nutritionists with a major and sustained interest in the area of pediatric gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition.
There are over 1800 members representing practice-based and research institutions throughout North America. Full membership is extended to qualified physicians, surgeons and scientists who are residents of North America. Associate (Trainee) membership is automatically extended to fellows participating in accredited pediatric gastroenterolgy fellowship programs. Corresponding (International) and Emeritus Membership is also available. (Applications forms for Full and International membership can be viewed or downloaded from this page.)
Benefits of membership include:
- Reduced registration fees for the NASPGHAN Annual Meeting, Postgraduate Course and other educational offerings
- Free participation in the NASPGHAN-Nestle Fellows Conference for lst year fellows, NASPGHAN-Abbott Fellows Conference for 2nd year fellows and the NASPGHAN-Mead Johnson Fellows Conference for 3rd year fellows. Often mentioned as the highlights of fellowship training, these meetings provide an excellent opportunity to make new contacts and have fun, as well as learn.
- Opportunities to become a member of or participate with your peers on NASPGHAN Committees
- Subscription to The Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition at a greatly reduced rate
- Free subscription to the PEDGI Internet Bulletin Board. This is an excellent source of information and a unique opportunity to communicate easily with the other pediatric gastroenterologists in North America
- Access to the Members-Only section of the NASPGHAN Website
- Eligibility for the Young Clinical Investigator Award, Young Investigator Award and the Fellow Research Award, which are bestowed on the basis of abstracts submitted to the NASPGHAN Annual Meeting
- Eligibility to apply for research grants from The NASPGHAN Foundation
- Free NASPGHAN Newsletter and monthly email updates – which includes up to date information regarding Society activities as well as a comprehensive job posting section.
Attainment of the prestigious Fellow of NASPGHAN status is reserved for those NASPGHAN members that have made significant contributions to the field of pediatric gastroenterology, hepatology or nutrition. Members with a strong career track record for success as clinicians, physician scientists (MD/DO, MD/DO/PhD) or researchers (PhD/ MSC) in the field of pediatric gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition are encouraged to apply. Fellow status can be attained by meeting all criteria for either Clinical Practice or Research expertise. The NASPGHAN Executive Council will review all applications, focusing on the quality and breadth of clinical, research and educational contributions and service to the field of pediatric gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition.
Learn more about the NASPGHAN Fellows eligibility and application process.