Join NASPGHAN and AASLD on June 1st at 12:00pm EDT for a timely webinar about the recent outbreak of acute hepatitis in children. Register and save your seat! https://bit.ly/3MRTura
- Helena Gutierrez Sanchez, MD
- Hannah L. Kirking, MD
- Philippa Easterbrook, MD, FRCP, MPH, DTM&H
- John Ward, MD
- Saeed Mohammad, MD
- Estella Alonso, MD
- Saul Karpen, MD, PhD
- Rohit Kohli, MBBS, MS
There has been a recent worldwide identification, first from the United Kingdom then globally including the United States, of an unidentified pathogen leading to a plausible increase in cases of severe acute hepatitis in children. Some of these cases have been linked to Adenovirus Type 41, but many questions remain. Of the important etiopathogenesis questions the following will be posed, specifically,
- Are these cases an increase over prior years?
- Are these cases all related to the same pathogen?
- Is there any possible connection to SARSCov2 past infections?
These and other similarly topical, time-sensitive, and relevant questions will be addressed by this joint webinar organized by the AASLD and the North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition (NASPGHAN).
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Pediatric Healthcare providers
- Emergency Room Providers
- First Responders
- General Public, interested in learning more about this issue